FEAR OF FEAR

Someone once asked me, Seth… what is your greatest fear?

I took a very long straight pause, saddled by the weight of prioritizing amongst many options, trying to reach the deepest crust of my thinking depth. What is my greatest fear? I asked myself!

In split seconds I had different thoughts striking my mind like tidal current of the costal beach making its unhindered path to meet the costal shores. My heart and mind kept drumming and thumping in a rhythmic pattern as if it is about to burst open emitting gas properties like a coke bottle thoroughly shaken and then loosing its cork. I can only imagine and open my heart not my mouth to receive the answer to the question… What is my greatest fear?


Is it my PAST or PRESENT or THE FUTURE? I needed to give an all capturing, all- capsulating and encompassing response… Is it Death, Betrayal, dishonesty, Poverty, failure or what? I can only keep thinking while the time kept ticking and trickling.

In my face like a punch… like a snap and wake up alarm … Bingo! The answer is unearthed, emerging in convincing fashion… FEAR! ...YES FEAR!


One story comes to mind, remember the biblical Job, The rich-poor-rich Dude? Yes.

His greatest fear was FEAR! He feared and his greatest fear came knocking. Love the popular acronym for FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real) not because it a piece of morphological display but rather because it describes the semantic depth of the subject called FEAR . Job didn’t fear death or sickness or even poverty but he feared that his greatest fear (His Thought) might come true.


Uncertainty about what might come our way

Beclouds our minds, taking our joy away

Saddled with many burdens and stress daily

We act fine and perform like life treats us fairly

We pray, keep hope and faith at some point

But inside we cope or resign to fate bent in disjoint

Resigning to fear doesn’t change the situation at and in any glance

Standing up to it might notchange everything but it gives a fighting chance


WHAT DO YOU REALLY FEAR?

Am just thinking …is it fear?


Written By Seth Ogungbemi

www.sethorunzi.blogspot.com


©sethorunzi 

all rights reserved by Seth Ogungbemi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MENDING MIND

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

A CHAPTER FROM MY LIFE STORY