MY THOUGHTS ON THIS INDEPENDENCE DAY

I thought of writing a piece on the "occasion of celebrating" (Phrase used as a cliche not necessarily meant) Nigeria's 52nd independence day, but was not convinced of writing anything, as I probably lost all the possible positives a day as this can be, other than being alive a gift we all freely received from God and not any government.

I thought that, to scribble a few of my many thoughts today may not be a bad idea, hence the product of my thoughts are represented below; please read responsibly;

Abraham, a prominent character in two of the most popular religion in the world, hoped against hope... I would love to know how Abraham would have kept hope in Nigeria, because at this rate all I see is Hopelessness! I would have loved to say happy independence...But I believe that isn't appropriate! (as many of our people are in reality not happy and they are insecure)! So, God Help Nigeria (*would be more like it).

When I posted the above on my Facebook page, I sounded like a pessimist and to some religious folks, like an unbeliever. So to buttress my point I posted my response in this next paragraph...


Folks, the only "thing" I believe in is God and His word,(*Not the
"any religion" ) I don't believe in Nigeria (atleast this Nigeria) why? We don't believe in God, we Know about God but not God (we don't know God and His will for humanity). Most of us go to church or our religious place of worship including our leaders and yet we are "disgraceful" in our attitude the next and other days. We are just wicked and dastardly so in our acts! I can't celebrate this country (at least for now but I believe in it's potentials) I'll continue to pray though...so again all I can say is God Bless Nigeria (*I believe that will suffice).

Then this...

Folks "hoping" (by our definition, which is not true) isn't just the solution, what are YOU positively doing in your capacity is! We quote scriptures that we don't act and preach lifestyle we don't abide by. We just wish (not hope in the real sense) change will come. hope (in its real sense) does not mean you just sit and wait with your arms folded in helplessness, hope is what you do after work (action), faith (believe and determination) and then hope (patience and expectation) and not idleness.

What do I believe in and what do I preach on this day? ITS THE FUTURE AND POSTERITY.
Fela Durotoye captures my thoughts in the epilogue of TY Bello's song THE FUTURE...

"The future is not a time zone that is yet to come, the future is everything that we can be but have not yet become, the future is everything that we can do but have not yet done, the future is here the future is now, so go ahead and deliver the future, because you can, because you must; together WE will" Fela Durotoye.

Until we all see the future as now and what we do now, until every leader, politician, clergy, man, woman, boy, girl and child see the future as a WILL whose implementation must be ensured and assured. Until when we see humanity before religion and see posterity as more important than our individual prosperity and creed... then we can believe and celebrate our INDEPENDENCE, because that is when and only when we are truly free! it begins with YOU and you NOW!

GOD HELP, SAVE AND BLESS NIGERIA!

Written by: Seth Ogunbemi




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MENDING MIND

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

A CHAPTER FROM MY LIFE STORY