WHO TOOK MY TOYS?

I grew up hippy like every young little boy
Had many unending fun with my boys and toys
Tried to be smart and threw in some coy.
Foes and Friends brought me hurt and joy
Failed and exhaled like fading washed soil
My emotions protracted sometime with a coil
I sought more attention from all as a Brat-spoil
Two-faced like a flying, flapping, flipping coin
I sought for soothing spots like a player's groin
Forgot today will come without any ploy
So I kept expecting I'll always have my toys
Alas far gone are my days of being a boy
The reality I never envisaged, stares plain and noir
I simply can't decipher where to find my toys.
Because I never knew who abruptly took my toys!
Best of the class now like an insignificant soy
Chant of glorification  halted with crucification hoys.
Exasperated I quizzed, who took my toys?
My hands now void of my toys is saddled with loys,
To carve out any and everything but not my toys
Same gestures that got me toys now gets me toils
Tears irrigating my cheeks leaves my eyes with crimson-sores
Play hand now covered with blisters from my many chores
Boys I shared my toys with now evade me like gory boils.
I simply can't comprehend who took my joy and toys
Life thought me lessons about my many toys
Lessons  vivid-clear than a crystal without decoy;
It's not  who took my toys but rather I had outgrown those toys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MENDING MIND

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

A CHAPTER FROM MY LIFE STORY