HATE STATE, LATE FATE

You are religious & devoted to your faith.
Though I wonder If this is just about fate.
But then your breathe is filled with so much hate.
You tell me we're family, Sorry, I can't relate.
How did you bring yourself to this state.
I walk on eggshells around you with bate.
Ethnicity regardless, I thought we're mate.
Spit fire, cause mayhem, irrational at any rate,
Pained, Frustrated in despair and now irate,
Clenched fist, grinding teeth as you vibrate,
Your ethnicity and religion we try to appreciate
Knowing we are first humans, this I like to reiterate.
Then and only then from this hate emancipate.
Can't tell me about love when hate you can't eradicate
Talk is cheap so your actions we can't vindicate
Must stop the hate so your faith can be up-to-date.
Your hate is so deafening, I can't hear your faith.
Your hate is so derailing, It shows me your fate.
Your hate is so detailed, I see your true state.
Your hate is so consistent, it will make you 'late'.


Written by: Seth Ogungbe' 
 21072017
@sethorunzi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MENDING MIND

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

A CHAPTER FROM MY LIFE STORY