A CHAPTER FROM MY LIFE STORY

Named Seth because I was a gift after the loss of a child. The 5th Child of 6 siblings raised by a Military man with discipline of the highest 'quality'.  Mum was a house wife into small.scale trading. Dad a devoted christian, deacon & who gave little or no liberty. My first real liberty was choosing to go to University of Ilorin instead of University of Ibadan so as to be away from home and refusing to start over at OAU to read law (which we both wanted before) but I was already in 2nd year in University of Ilorin. He wasn't going to pay my school fees any more because I disappointed him with that decisional not to go start over  and get the chance to be a Lawyer.

Economically were weren't the poorest but not rich either. We got basic needs but sometimes we had to wait and pray for the source of the next meal. My parents had to borrow to send us through school because my father promised to send everyone through higher institutions at any cost even if he had to be ridden in debts most of the time and often his salary was limited. He had opportunity to get rich via corrupt means when he was head of posting for a military Internal Security Taskforce but always a man of integrity he didn't take the option, he chose the part of honour. His predecessor and successor made instant riches built houses in  less than a year of being in that office but not my dad.

My mum, what a woman pillar of strength and spiritual rock stayed up all nights to pray each time I can remember praying for her children and family and still woke up to do all sorts of trading to support in her own way.  (even when we contributed to wrecking her soft drink sale business...LOL!)

In the midst of this difficulty times my parents were ardent givers even in supposed lack, one lesson that stayed with me till date. I have learnt to help even strangers from them and luckily married a wife who had same calling.

My memories of childhood was filled with discipline at every level and limited or no privileges but more importantly christian virtues and responsibilities.

Lying was a taboo that had retrospective actions even after initial ones... may be guilty of any other shortcoming but surely  lying wasn't one of them.

For someone who is always security contious because of my military trainings I was ganged robbed & mobbed on my first day at College but the good part of it, was meeting  Jimmy Mokikan that night who took me in...Always been my brother since that cold night that day in late 1999.

The summary of my life lessons in captured in 2 quotes and 1 scripture.

"There is a blessing in the storm" (Kirk Franklin).

"Whatever you do keep walking, I might not get there with you but keep moving, keep on walking" (T.D Jakes' mothers words to him).

"All things (good or bad) work together for our good...."

*A chapter in the story of my life*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MENDING MIND

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?