I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST NIGHT…

As I sat down to have lunch, I had this statement on my imaginative thoughts. Settling down to meal and getting ready to take adevouring swipe at my well prepared plate of sumptuous meal, I had a brief pause only to be unexpectedlyinspired by an emphatic statement. This obviously isn't my favorite way of gettingliterary inspiration, nonetheless, I am confident about the significance of this one. As a matter of fact I probablydon't think I ever had an experience as this form ofeureka before but in this case, it happened and it came in the frame of astatement which at that moment I directed at a colleague of mine sitting just a fewdistance away from me on the same dinning table. I couldn't hold it to my self,so after several suppression attempts I had to whisper to her from afar '…Iknow what you did last night.

After being increasingly frustrated that she couldn't readmy lips, I came out uncharacteristically audible, as I articulate these words ofthis statement “I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST NIGHT”, which I did with a smile of mischief.This emphatic statement couldn't have meant much in terms of semantic connotationif we both had or are having a conversation prior to that moment when thosewords were articulated, hence it could have probably simmered and resonated throughthe conversation on ground without any eyebrow raised but apparently this wasn'tthe case. The statement came independent of a prior discourse and line of thought…” Iknow what you did last night”

Some few years back I watched the movie titled, I KNOW WHAT YOUDID LAST SUMMER, I haven't seen the movie again in about over a decade if amnot mistaken, so I probably, didn't have that in mind when I conceived these subject neither did I when I subsequently articulate and uttered them out of my mouth. I had to joggle my thoughts as I seek to know, somethingmust have triggered my thought to that state and hence I owe my self, if notother people the reason for such imaginative and philosophical odyssey, so Ipicked my pen or rather in this case my keypad to write… I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST NIGHT.

Imagine a close friend of yours with a high infallible, unequivocalintegrity, of whom you hold in high esteem tells you he/she knewwhat you did last night (and considering paralinguistic expression it appears convincing that he/she truly does); would you be proud enough tobe blithe or unshaken by the possibility and plausibility of the outcome of his/herrevelation? Are you proud of what you did last night? Last night may represent varyingdegrees of experiences; days, weeks, months or years ago or even today, astoday will definitely turn out to be last night -the next day. The issue here isnot just WHEN the core issue is WHAT. Are you proud of WHAT you did last night? Can you hold your head high consideringwhat you did last? My subject may mean nothing to you as I may truly not knowwhat you did last night but HE KNOWSWHAT WE ALL DID LAST NIGHT.

So while you at it (whatever you do now or soon from now, will do) dothe right things tonight so that you can be proud when tomorrow comes and when tonightturns into last night, you can truly be true and faithful to all your deeds. At anyrate HE KNOWS WHAT YOU (Myself inclusive)DID LAST NIGHT AND ANY NIGHT.


Written By: Seth Ogungbemi
©sethorunzi
All rights reserved by Seth Ogungbemi

Comments

  1. I hope I can be proud to say what I did last night when ever asked...nice piece bro spread this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what we should hope but much more than hope, we make conscientious effort to ensure we think of posterity and always do what is right, though may not be popular but Satisfy our conscience. Thanks bro...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how it turns out that 'night' is the past we all try to hide. It's an article we all need every now and then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MENDING MIND

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

A CHAPTER FROM MY LIFE STORY