PAIN IS GOOD!

Pain is good. A statement you probably expect to be credited to an insane individual. As I sat there, all I thought about was the possibility and plausibility of that being true. Pain is good? Pain is good simply won't sink as there was no way my human mind could wrap its tentacles around that "truth" as all facts suggests otherwise. The Preacher-man keeps hammering...the Purpose of pain, the purpose of Suffering! All his words were summarized in these 3 words -PAIN IS GOOD.

A 35 year old moral standing lady without a husband, fiancé or a thread of hope of having one...and you say pain is good? Couple married 10 years without a child and you say pain is good. 7 year after university without a job eating from hand to mouth. That abused teenage girl. The Young boy with no home or shelter. The widow whose husband never returned home. The man hit by a stray bullet, struggled to survive but now a cripple. That prospective man confined to a world on a wheelchair. My friend lost his wife and baby in an accident, woke up after about a month in coma to hear that news...and you say PAIN IS GOOD?

I have an archive and a truck load of these situations, not stories I read but, those I know or know about. Yet, the preacher-man tells me ...pain is good!

"Our light affliction which is but for a moment...is working for us a great weight of eternal glory" Paul said. Of course, if there is anyone who has known pain it should be Paul as 2 Corinthians 11 vs 16-33 confirms that.

Job 14 vs 14 "...all the days of my appointed time will I wait until my change comes" - most definitely he too if not more than Paul should know as he is a master of Pain. For a man who lost all within the shortest space of time possible, I believe he knew what he was saying.

Is Pain really good. Can pain be at any rate good?

To be continued... (Watch out for the concluding part).


Seth Ogungbe'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MENDING MIND

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

A CHAPTER FROM MY LIFE STORY